Branden RakitaHeight: 6'1"
Weight: 165 lbs
- 2017 Pan American Series 2nd
- 2017 XTERRA Victoria 3rd
- 2017 XTERRA Costa Rica 4th
- 2017 XTERRA Argentina 4th
- 2017 XTERRA Dominican Republic – 4th
- 2016 Pan American Series 4th
- 2015 XTERRA USA Champs 6th
- 2015 XTERRA East Champs 5th
- 2015 XTERRA West Championship 5th
- 2015 USAT Off-Road Nationals-XTERRA Southeast 6th
- 2015 XTERRA Fruita 1st
- 2014 Calgary Ironman 70.3 8th
- 2013 XTERRA Mountain Champs 2nd
- 2013 XTERRA West Champs 3rd
- 2012 XTERRA USA Champs 5th
Why First Endurance?
I choose to use First Endurance because I want to fuel my body the with the best sports supplements out there. First Endurance only uses the highest quality ingredients in their products and I don’t have to worry about any cross contamination. After trying Ultragen you will never use any other recovery drinks. The final piece is that it is excellent to not have to add extra electrolytes or calories to my race nutrition with my EFS drink and liquid shot in hand.
My Nutrition Plan
Lead up to race day: Leading up to the race I generally try to cut down my caloric intake a bit with the volume and intensity decrease from training. I drink 1-2 bottles of EFS depending on climate, outside of training nutrition. My meals are simple with breakfast being a bowl of oatmeal and 3 egg omelet, lunch a sandwich and salad, and dinner will usually be a lean protein and quinoa salad with ice cream for dessert (it helps you swim faster)
Race Morning Breakfast: Oatmeal with peanut or other nut butter and honey or brown sugar, banana, 2-3 scrambled eggs scrambled with cheese.
Xterra and Olympic Distance Nutrition:
XTERRA and non-drafting Olympic Nutrition Plan